You are here

Alpha/Beta testers wanted for Destruction Derby type game (steam key giveaway)

Pages

deadsheep's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Wed, 25/04/2018 - 19:33

This looks interesting, good luck with it!

luckbiturbo@yahoo.it's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 27/04/2018 - 08:29

Hi Guys! Thank you for your news! I really want be a tester too! I have an Aorus X7V6 with 1070gtx and windows 10.
I'm one off the staff that organized Frogbyte Lan party (biggest italian lan party). Check us on Facebook.
I hope to see news soon.
I personaly love Carmageddon Max Damage! I want that it became bigger!
Have a nice day Carma Staff! And Carma Fans!

Edited by: luckbiturbo@yahoo.it on Fri, 27/04/2018 - 08:32

Luckbiturbo

MuscleCarFreak's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Fri, 27/04/2018 - 18:45

Hi luckbiturbo! Thanks for your interest.
To make it clear, I am in no way associated with the Carmagedden developers (Stainless), I'm "just" a big Carma fan who develops this little indie title on his own (with a little help here and there).
I'll gladly provide you with a key, check your inbox soon.
That Frogbyte Lan Party sounds very cool! LAN or Online Multiplayer is far down on the roadmap right now, maybe even after the release, it depends on how much interest/demand there is, because it will be a lot of work that would be in vain if there are only 3 people playing.
Never the less, if I dial in the scoring/balancing well and maybe a team vs. team mode, I think this game has potential as a MP or even eSport title (kind of like Rocket League).

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Fri, 27/04/2018 - 19:51

Here's my specs:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16GB DDR3

Edited by: FatCat on Wed, 02/05/2018 - 19:38
luckbiturbo@yahoo.it's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 28/04/2018 - 07:41

Hi MuscleCarF... ,

I hope the best for this project. Off course is a good project. More "ignorant" is the game and more fun it will be XD.

See you soon!

Edited by: Razor on Sat, 28/04/2018 - 15:58

Luckbiturbo

Excidium's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sat, 28/04/2018 - 22:01

I would gladly test that game out if my config is good enough:
Intel i3 530 @ 2.93 GHz
8 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 750 TI
Running Windows 10

MuscleCarFreak's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 28/04/2018 - 22:39

Hey Excidium, I'm very interested in how the game runs on (somewhat) older hardware like yours, so that's perfect for testing. Please play around a bit with the settings in the graphics menu and tell me if you can get a smooth enough performance. There are also some tracks and parts of tracks that are more demanding than others.
Check your inbox :) .

Edited by: MuscleCarFreak on Sat, 28/04/2018 - 22:40
KCarpenter's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Sun, 29/04/2018 - 11:21

Game looks good I'll be happy to test a bit.

MSi geforce Gtx 1080ti
Ryzen 16core threadripper
32gb ram
Windows 10

Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Mon, 30/04/2018 - 08:39

MuscleCarFreak wrote:
Thanks Fr0nt, yeah I really tried to capture the feel of DD1 and many racers of that area, so I avoided any post process overkill or over-polish and went for a colorful, simple (but hopefully not too simple) look.

Do you want a key too? No obligations, some quick feedback would be more than enough.

yes sure, i will check it out.

just dont make the damage system the same as DD1, it was hard to stay alive :D

and if you make race tracks, make sure you include a track like the one with the jump before the big drop in DD2, loved that part of the track. ;)

Edited by: Fr0nt on Mon, 30/04/2018 - 08:39
MuscleCarFreak's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 30/04/2018 - 10:45

Fr0nt wrote:
just dont make the damage system the same as DD1, it was hard to stay alive :D

Yeah I try to make it not as punishing as DD1 or DD2 or even Demolition Racer (I played through all of these as preparation for this game ;) a lot of reloading save games involved...)
In fact, I use the logic of Flatout 2 which is sort of unrealistic but cool from a gameplay point of view: When two cars crash, the faster one gets the score and no damage, the slower one gets the damage but no score.
That means if you keep a good pace and avoid being hit by faster cars, you can last quite long.
I will explain this system better in-game at some point, for now you just have to take my word for it ;) .

Fr0nt wrote:
and if you make race tracks, make sure you include a track like the one with the jump before the big drop in DD2, loved that part of the track. ;)

I also love the canyon track of DD2, however my game is very close to DD1 even in track design, so most of the tracks are simply flat, yet there are additional ramps to spice things up in the mid- and high-difficulty levels.

Pages

randomness