You are here

Does this game uses VAC?

Beregond's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Does this game uses VAC?
#1 Submitted: Fri, 20/04/2018 - 18:20

I have the Steam version of Carmageddon: Max Damage and would like to try and modify some things and play around with the data with the help of third party tools. Is this safe to use or does this game has VAC enabled?

Thanks in adavance!

Edited by: Beregond on 20/04/2018 - 18:23
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 20/04/2018 - 18:25

The game doesnt use VAC, you can modify every piece of content in the game without worry. The game does however have it's one little bit of protection in that it stops saving and locks multiplayer if you modify the content in the ZAD folder.

The game does have a special mode called carmodgeddon for using car and level mods properly.

There is a modding section of this forum which has lots of information scattered around and quite a lot of mods from a few of us. Errol and I have made a fairly complete toolset for modding the game between us. If you have specific questions about modding the game then just make a thread in the mod section and ask.

Beregond's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Submitted: Fri, 20/04/2018 - 18:31

Damn. Thank you for the fast reply! I am going to look into it.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Fri, 20/04/2018 - 22:57

Could i ask what exactly you're trying to do? We probably know how like 90% of the game works between us so it might save you some research time figuring out stuff we might have already figured out :)

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 23/04/2018 - 00:59

I know they are minor tools but do you guys know yet when they are coming ?

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

randomness