Stainless should make a dev blog

Pages

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Stainless should make a dev blog
#1 Submitted: Thu, 25/06/2015 - 14:00

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228380/discussions/0/615086038666876156/

See how cool this is? Stainless needs one too =D Development stuff is FUN, and so is concept art too. (I wonder why C:R didnt have unlockable concept art that wasnt shown to public yet, like the concept art for bleak city that was accidentally on one of the artist blogs.)

Edited by: FatCat on 25/06/2015 - 14:02
ComSR's picture
Fluffy Bunny
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 25/06/2015 - 14:18

Actually there is, but it is not used anymore.
http://www.carmageddon.com/blog

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 25/06/2015 - 14:33

ComSR wrote:
Actually there is, but it is not used anymore.
http://www.carmageddon.com/blog

I wonder why Stainless is so secretive about what they're working on at the moment, maybe they got a little too burned by people's harsh judgement when they were more open.

Edited by: FatCat on Thu, 25/06/2015 - 14:43
wiski's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 18:37

Well, they weren't exactly forthcoming about what they were working on during development (something people generally expect Kickstarted projects to be), so they have even less of a reason to volunteer information now.

It probably boils down to:

1. Trying to optimize the game an improve performance.
2. Working on fixing bugs.
3. Working on implementing features that did not make the release.
4. Maybe working on upcoming DLC, but probably not at this point unless they have people not involved in the other stuff that can work on it.

LordToastALot's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 18:40

wiski wrote:
4. Maybe working on upcoming DLC, but probably not at this point unless they have people not involved in the other stuff that can work on it.

We know from the release day twitch stream that Rush is working on a new car he couldn't talk about. We already know about Volkswerker and Project X so I'm guessing there is DLC stuff on the way.

Bet that hurt!

Fuel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 19:11

LordToastALot wrote:
We know from the release day twitch stream that Rush is working on a new car he couldn't talk about. We already know about Volkswerker and Project X so I'm guessing there is DLC stuff on the way.

Are they doing another version of Volkswerker?

Edit - Serious question, not being pedantic or anything. Genuinely curious if they're doing another Volkswerker.

Edited by: Fuel on Tue, 07/07/2015 - 19:13
FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 19:55

Fuel wrote:
LordToastALot wrote:

Are they doing another version of Volkswerker?

Edit - Serious question, not being pedantic or anything. Genuinely curious if they're doing another Volkswerker.

Nah, i think he confused it for Heinz Faust's King Merc.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 22:34

Not saying anything negative about this but at least with no blog there is no way they can put their foot in their mouth.

And just like a lot of others games , they dont need to do their "sales pitch" anymore.

Edited by: starbuck on Tue, 07/07/2015 - 22:37

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 22:47

I'm quite sure the Leadpumper will make it in as DLC since it's one of Nobby's favorite cars. If not that I hope we see some brand new ideas as well as a couple of old favorites :)

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 22:59

AlexTSK wrote:
I'm quite sure the Leadpumper will make it in as DLC since it's one of Nobby's favorite cars. If not that I hope we see some brand new ideas as well as a couple of old favorites :)

I myself was thinking of importing old cars found on the net from the old games once I figure it out. No promises. But I have a ton of stuff from the old games. At least 4 DVDS full of "junk". :)

So to anyone, if you cant find old stuff on the net then just PM me.

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Tue, 07/07/2015 - 23:03

starbuck wrote:
AlexTSK wrote:

I myself was thinking of importing old cars found on the net from the old games once I figure it out. No promises. But I have a ton of stuff from the old games. At least 4 DVDS full of "junk". :)

So to anyone, if you cant find old stuff on the net then just PM me.

Starbucks, ya gotta put a new map into C:R, we got like zero new ones at the moment and they're really not that hard to make work (as far as i remember)! We just got nobody on map duty atm because me and bloodstability and mad mike are making cars, and errol's busy with flummery, and trent's done all the c1 cars.

Edited by: FatCat on Tue, 07/07/2015 - 23:07

Pages

randomness