You are here

What's up with the reviews criticizing the car handling?!?!?!

Pages

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
What's up with the reviews criticizing the car handling?!?!?!
#1 Submitted: Sat, 06/06/2015 - 20:39

Seriously, I don't understand why is anybody having problems with controls in this game.

Are reviewers really so bad in gaming?

Edited by: Kejnel on 06/06/2015 - 20:39

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 06/06/2015 - 20:41

They also criticized GTAIV for having fun handling. Saying it was too boat-like.

And guess who's criticizing GTAV for having easy handling? The reviewers again.

Edited by: FatCat on Sat, 06/06/2015 - 20:43
starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 06/06/2015 - 21:28

You will probably find that most of the reviewers never even played the original Carma games. They are so used to GTA and other actual racing games.

While some people say its different then the original games, I myself think the handling is spot on like the old games. I mean sure I have gotten hooked on GTA3 (and others) and upwards but still realize its a totally different game that I have been playing since the original Carmas came out to kind of fill in the time. I for example hate in GTA you cant do a quick turnaround or a reverse 180 like I loved in Carma2.

Plus also if their PC is running sluggish then of course their controls are going to be more exaggerated and they would for example be sliding around a lot more.

Edited by: starbuck on Sat, 06/06/2015 - 21:29

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 06/06/2015 - 22:06

To bash it in reviews for it's driving mechanics is exaggerated I too agree.
However, compared to carmageddon 1 and 2, I did find the cars feeling like they have a rotating ball under them that makes the car ignore all of it's 4 wheels sometimes.
Sometimes, after the car accelerates and gains too much foward speed, it tends to lose control at the slightest touch of the directional keys.
That is indeed something that I have never felt in the first 2 games.

starbuck's picture
Velociraptor Fister
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Sat, 06/06/2015 - 23:29

Deviance well last night I played Junkyard in Carma2 and just like this game I got up to 120 MPH turned the joystick to one side and fishtailed. I think in this game the cars are a little too heavy for their own good compared to Carma2.

Now for Carma ONE I havent played that version in years. :) I just played the Camra1 maps with 3D peds. EDIT After playing Carma1 it seems like the cars have to turn at ten degree intervals every time you hit the control stick. Or better wording is when you turn in Carmageddon it seems like the car wants to jump 10 degrees every time. Time to dig out the old wheel cause I forgot how much more fun that one sounded. May play that one for a couple hours.:)

Edited by: starbuck on Sat, 06/06/2015 - 23:41

Why is it that when you are a child at the dinner table you can get punished asking for someone to please pass you the fork and knife ?

Freeride Forever's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 07/06/2015 - 02:56

Yeah it's a personal pref' thing. Not really anything a good, competent reviewer should be crtiticizing rather than just informing. Clarifying as an opinion is as far as it should go. If they start to criticize handling in an absolute or objective form, as they'd have every right in doing on something like IDK, the horrendously shit performance say, then they'd be outta line, because handling is a subjective issue.

It's actually the handling of the cars that is the greatest attraction for me as well as the map layouts & the dynamic between the cars & the worlds to drive them in. If a reviewer loves Gran Turismo & shits on Powerslide for its handling, he's a fucking dolt same as the guy shitting on GT for not handling like Powerslide. I'm more of a Powerslide kinda guy & that's why I wanna play C:R so bad.

I see no prob with the handling in C:R. It is as it was meant to be for what C:R was meant to be. Cruisin' & bruisin', trippin' & flippin'. Fuckers.

Edited by: Freeride Forever on Sun, 07/06/2015 - 02:57
felthat's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Mon, 08/06/2015 - 21:07

well they expected/wanted different handling (its rly specific in camra games) so they complain
it's just like u, u complain coz u expect everyone to love carma handling

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 10/06/2015 - 18:22

felthat wrote:
well they expected/wanted different handling (its rly specific in camra games) so they complain
it's just like u, u complain coz u expect everyone to love carma handling

Yeah, but I don't write reviews.

The point is they complain instead of learning to play. It is as if my girlfriend criticized a FPS game, because she cannot play it.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Rippthrough's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Wed, 10/06/2015 - 19:30

Well, the handling feels fine to me, but we do still have the weird 'terrible braking in reverse' and struggling to set off on hills that was supposed to have been looked into ages ago that's a hell of an immersion breaker.

ender's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Sat, 13/06/2015 - 20:45

Use handbrake start on hills (hold down handbrake, accelerate and release handbrake - it's been the same in at least C2).

Because 10 billion years' time is so fragile, so ephemeral...
it arouses such a bittersweet, almost heartbreaking fondness.

Rippthrough's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sat, 13/06/2015 - 22:27

You get to some heavier cars and have to keep hitting 'x' - then the car promptly drops back down the rpms and struggles again.
Stupid thing is you can accelerate up the same hill flat out in 5th.

Pages

randomness