You are here

TotalBuiscuit's Carmageddon Video

Pages

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
TotalBuiscuit's Carmageddon Video
#1 Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 14:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5J1VeWb2oE

He says the game is awesome but the optimisation is poor.
I agree , I have better performance than him I run at 60+ fps but that must be down to specific hardware.

But the bottom line is its the perfect carmageddon game and its so much fun.

Edited by: Privata on 28/05/2015 - 14:20
Fuel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:05

Just watched it. So many inaccuracies, which is disappointing. But maybe that's because I've followed the development, know more and understand/accept the failings of the game. His 'research' was definitely lacking IMO. Surprised he got worse framerates than me though, considering his rig is a lot better.

However, it was mostly fair. Unfortunately his recommendation carries a lot of weight and that may be a bad thing for this game. Regardless - I enjoy it and, with mods, will be playing for a long time to come.

diebitch's picture
Fluffy Bunny
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:13

Great review. I agree with almost all of his points.

wiski's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:17

Fuel wrote:
Just watched it. So many inaccuracies, which is disappointing. But maybe that's because I've followed the development, know more and understand/accept the failings of the game. His 'research' was definitely lacking IMO. Surprised he got worse framerates than me though, considering his rig is a lot better.

However, it was mostly fair. Unfortunately his recommendation carries a lot of weight and that may be a bad thing for this game. Regardless - I enjoy it and, with mods, will be playing for a long time to come.

Understanding failings is fine, but why would you want to accept them?

Spector's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:19

Fuel wrote:

What inaccuracies?
He is totally (hehe) right about the isue, when saying that Stainless did know about the poor performance from the very beginning of Early ass, due to the forum, but not much has happened. Sure, for some people it improved by a bit (sorry but 10fps is not a lot), for majority it remained the same and for some it got worse (I won the latest prize I'm affraid).

Sa1cor's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Twitch ChampCompetition Winner
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:21

While there are inaccuracies and some pretty big ones, the review is really fair. Overall, I love the game, but the performance issues are there and the way he describes it is pretty much what I think as well.

TheCoach's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:26

I left my input with some clarifications but yeah I mostly agree with him.

My main gripe is that he says that cars handle bad, which is funny because I have no issues with that and I defo don't give two shits about framerate affecting controls in a driving game likes this as long as my framerate is above like 25 or so. This is not Quake, the tiny amount of input lag will not really do anything to you in this game other than be visually impacting I guess.

Also there's a simple fact that no matter how many people ramble about GTA 5 performing better or whatnot this game just simply has no alternatives of any kind, there is no other game like this so there's no other better performing game to make me not play/buy Carmageddon, simple as that.

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:28

Yes indeed there are some inaccuracies , most linked to game play terms and dev history.
I found it fair , he loves the game finds it fun but lacking in performance and that's much true (although I runs fine for me)
I think speaking about the problems with words is better than bashing on fans or causing a fus on the forums

Privata's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:29

TheCoach wrote:
I left my input with some clarifications but yeah I mostly agree with him.

My main gripe is that he says that cars handle bad, which is funny because I have no issues with that and I defo don't give two shits about framerate affecting controls in a driving game likes this as long as my framerate is above like 25 or so. This is not Quake, the tiny amount of input lag will not really do anything to you in this game other than be visually impacting I guess.

Also there's a simple fact that no matter how many people ramble about GTA 5 performing better or whatnot this game just simply has no alternatives of any kind, there is no other game like this so there's no other better performing game to make me not play/buy Carmageddon, simple as that.

Tb set up the youtube comments so that only you can see your comments and no one else , due to him getting hate spam and it gets political some times in the comments , so he removed it

TheCoach's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:30

Well that blows.

Lutz G's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 28/05/2015 - 15:38

Spector wrote:
for majority it remained the same and for some it got worse (I won the latest prize I'm affraid).

Worse? What is your computer specs?

Pages

randomness