You are here

Too easy to get wrecked?

Pages

wiski's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Too easy to get wrecked?
#1 Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 13:56

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I have noticed that it seems pretty easy to get wrecked in C:R.

I mainly noticed this while driving the Hawk R, which I know is more suited for racing than smashing, and that may be part of my issue right there, and I have it upgraded to one level short of max on Power, Armor and Offense. Another thing that may explain my issues is that I might just be having the bad luck of going up against some of the tougher cars, but last night I seemed to be getting wrecked every few seconds, and there was a point where a car hit me in the side and wrecked me and I repaired while he was still touching my car, then it seemed like he barely moved and I was again wrecked.

Again, it might just be that I'm driving a more fragile car and have the bad luck of either being hit just right or going up against some of the more offensive vehicles, but I was wondering if anyone else had similar problems, especially if you prefer driving some of the tougher cars.

It might also just be working as intended, and it would go a long way to explaining why Stainless didn't want to have you lose the race if wrecked, if wrecking cars had just become easier than I remember it from C1 and C2. Again, if it's intended to be that way, great, as it actually makes the cars seem that much more varied instead of just being visually different, and I'm not complaining if it is intended to be this way, just wondering if other people had also noticed this.

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 14:14

On hardest difficulty, I consider this to be a good thing.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

KazzyMac's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 14:18

^

It seems there's a lot more disparity between being the one dealing the damage and the one taking damage. Getting the AI into situations where I can smash their shit in they go down pretty easily too, but likewise smashing them head-on or them getting me from the side usually leaves me buggered. The tougher cars are a -lot- tougher; Halfwit Harry's 4x4 is a literal tank.

I wish the DeGoryun was tougher, though. It claims to be tough but it seems really flimsy compared to similar-class cars (such as Stiffshifter and Crazor).

Carmageddon: Let's face it; reality is BORING.

My Lam0r Rig.

wiski's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 14:36

Yeah, like I said, it does make the cars feel just that much more different.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 14:52

This is the first thing I noticed in the Beta, in general cars seem to be made of paper.

It struck me compared to how (annoyingly) hard it was to wreck fatcat and towmeister (even the friggin cu:nts were hard to take out)

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

FatCat's picture
I was in the War!
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 15:09

I think wrecking now is very good, it no longer takes an hour to finish a classic wreck-em-all race.

twisted's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 15:26

Currently I think it's well balanced and make it harder to finish career. It force the player to repair more often and spend more money making it just struggling enough to earn points for unlocking next career nodes.

Kejnel's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 16:17

TwIsTeDMiNd wrote:
Currently I think it's well balanced and make it harder to finish career. It force the player to repair more often and spend more money making it just struggling enough to earn points for unlocking next career nodes.

Yes.

If you want to report bugs or want to ask for features DO NOT USE FORUM FOR THAT! Instead send it to developers HERE: https://carmageddon.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:23

FatCat wrote:
I think wrecking now is very good, it no longer takes an hour to finish a classic wreck-em-all race.

In which Carma game does it take an hour? In C2 it's like 5-10 minutes, in C1 15-20 or less for me. Unless you're playing with Grungebuster or the Buggys though.

The only thing on topic bothering me a bit is that all the smaller, lighter race cars, including Eagle aren't really suited to tackle the tougher guys in this Carmageddon. Even with maximum armor the Eagle sometimes get wrecked constantly. In the old games it was a lot easier and I preferred using low-tier or mid-tier cars.

Edited by: Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine on Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:24
HenitoKisou's picture
Norman E. Carnage
PayPal Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:27

Any classic maps from C1 or Splatpack is around 1~1.5h long if you want raise your rank by 1-3 and earn a lot time for exploration and that means a lot of peds and cash powerups. Of course you can wreck all the opponents but that's not enough of cash to advance. Also that's for Normal, in Hard you earn less time and need more cash to progress, don't remember if you get less cash in game though.

Edited by: HenitoKisou on Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:30

Spread the word, spread the image, spread the virus.

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:28

Fuelinjectedsuicidemachine wrote:
FatCat wrote:

In which Carma game does it take an hour? In C2 it's like 5-10 minutes, in C1 15-20 or less for me. Unless you're playing with Grungebuster or the Buggys though.

The only thing on topic bothering me a bit is that all the smaller, lighter race cars, including Eagle aren't really suited to tackle the tougher guys in this Carmageddon. Even with maximum armor the Eagle sometimes get wrecked constantly. In the old games it was a lot easier and I preferred using low-tier or mid-tier cars.

Fatcat was talking about the Pre-Alpha. Trying to wreck Fatcat or Pitbull was a huge pain in the ass

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

Pages

randomness