You are here

Alex's Garage

Pages

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Mon, 30/04/2018 - 15:13

Thanks guys, the work continues steadily, almos done with all the unwrapping, the smooth undertray probably won't be included in the mod for obvious reasons :)

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Mon, 30/04/2018 - 16:05

Awsome work as usual!

Later Edit: Anything new?

Edited by: MrDeviance on Fri, 11/05/2018 - 17:42
AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sat, 12/05/2018 - 13:57

MrDeviance wrote:

Nope

CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Sun, 13/05/2018 - 14:10

AlexTSK wrote:
MrDeviance wrote:

Nope

...and now? C'mon man! It've been 2 weeks god damit!

Spoiler:

MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Fri, 25/05/2018 - 15:19

Maybe the guy lost his motivation again. Let him be.

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Sat, 26/05/2018 - 10:37

Haven't lost motivation however the Eagle IV project has grown somewhat beyond the scope of putting it in CMD, it may still happen one day but I'm not promising anything.

Edit : To elaborate, I'm working on the Eagle IV as we speak but I have broken up the vehicle into a more modular setup so that I can also finish the Eagle MK1 by reusing mostly the same underbody, interior, and engine components from the Eagle IV which will save a lot of time. The project is now intended to be showcased in Unreal Engine 4 instead and be used for my porfolio. I can port it to the game but it will more than likely give lower end PCs a really hard time and the only way I could optimize it is removing a lot of the detail. If there's enough interest in that then I can certainly give it a try. The Eagle MK1 is also expected to be finished some time in the next few months but its the same story for that vehicle (a portfolio piece rather than built to the specifications of CMD)

Continuing to make mods for the game is really hard knowing that a handful of people will download and play said mods for five minutes before moving onto something else. If we ever get a patch or news of any kind I will be here to pick up where I left off but for now I must move on :) I will continue to post carmageddon related stuff on this topic as I finish up if the mods don't mind, failing that I can move it over to my dormant fan art topic.

Edited by: AlexTSK on Sat, 26/05/2018 - 10:43
MrDeviance's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 27/05/2018 - 14:45

AlexTSK wrote:
Haven't lost motivation however the Eagle IV project has grown somewhat beyond the scope of putting it in CMD, it may still happen one day but I'm not promising anything.

Edit : To elaborate, I'm working on the Eagle IV as we speak but I have broken up the vehicle into a more modular setup so that I can also finish the Eagle MK1 by reusing mostly the same underbody, interior, and engine components from the Eagle IV which will save a lot of time. The project is now intended to be showcased in Unreal Engine 4 instead and be used for my porfolio. I can port it to the game but it will more than likely give lower end PCs a really hard time and the only way I could optimize it is removing a lot of the detail. If there's enough interest in that then I can certainly give it a try. The Eagle MK1 is also expected to be finished some time in the next few months but its the same story for that vehicle (a portfolio piece rather than built to the specifications of CMD)

Continuing to make mods for the game is really hard knowing that a handful of people will download and play said mods for five minutes before moving onto something else. If we ever get a patch or news of any kind I will be here to pick up where I left off but for now I must move on :) I will continue to post carmageddon related stuff on this topic as I finish up if the mods don't mind, failing that I can move it over to my dormant fan art topic.

Man. I think you're too hopeful regarding those patches or news updates.
The way I see it, were not talking about a lack of future patches here but a total lack of Stainless as a whole!
I think this site is all there is and all that will ever be regarding stainless.
They had their chance to inject life into their main franchise and they missed it due to various reasons.
They had that desperate attempt with crashes that failed too. It's done.
Hell, even Cliff Blezinsky failed and shut down his studio a few weeks ago.
The medium is very competitive and there are just too many games put out daily, for anybody to have time to check them all.
Being a medium game dev company is not worth it anymore.
Either you go with the big kids or with the small indies. The medium sized dev companies risk their lives with every new game they put out that doesn't cash in.
Complex games cost too much to produce these days and in the end even when they're good, without enough pr, nobody knows about them and they end up losing lots of potential sales.

Edited by: MrDeviance on Sun, 27/05/2018 - 14:52

Pages