You are here

Performance Feedback Part II

Pages

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 682
Performance Feedback Part II
#1 Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 00:12

With the new update intended to increase performance a new topic is required as to not be confused about older builds of the pre-alpha.

I've noticed some good changes in performance (mainly that the menu doesn't lag anymore, which is a great plus, considering I was having trouble exiting the race after the FPS dropped very low) and the game plays a bit better without pedestrians on!

However just as last time, I just can't play the game with pedestrians on except for some weird exceptions. Everything on low, virtual texturing off, view distance on near nill, vsync off/on (tried both just in case), ambied occlusion off, post-processing off, I get 3 FPS with pedestrians in the map. Without pedestrians I get a solid 30+ FPS, even on high.

Map: Countryslide
Graphics: Ultra-low
Resolution: 1280x600
Windowed: No
Pedestrians on, opponents on: 0-10 FPS, about 3 FPS average.
Opponents on: 30-50 FPS, average around 40 FPS.

My specs (when posting specs, please use spoilers!

Spoiler:
Processor: Intel Core i5 4670
Cooling: Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH Edition,
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 2x 4GB
GFX Card: MSI GeForce GTX 770 4GB Gigabyte,
SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB,
HD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 ST2000DM001, 2TB,
Case: Aerocool Vs-3 Advance.
Power supply: Seasonic M12II 520W
Edited by: Fireman on 08/05/2014 - 00:27
lemonrev's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 1630
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 01:07

Keep this thread for a feedback if you will but you dont need to keep making new threads everytime you have problem, if you do the correct way to report bugs then they will get that info and take it and run with whatever they can but they are trying and thats the main thing.

Deamon's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 307
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 02:16

I think he means this to be a general performance feedback thread, for everybody and not just for his "problem" ...

Map: Countryslide
Graphics: Ultra High
Resolution: 1600x900 (turned it down a notch)
Windowed: of course not

Post processing on, AA on, car reflection very high, ambient occlusion on, headlight shadows off (seemed buggy), no virtual texturing, no multi-threaded damage.

With peds and opponents: solid around 20 FPS

Spoiler:
  • Nvidia GTX870m 6.0 GB GDDR5 with Intel HD4600
  • Quad core i7 4712MQ Haswell
  • Mobile Intel 8 series HM87 Express chipset
  • RAM: 16 GB DDR3-1866 Crucial Ballistix Sport (2x8)
  • 500 GB Samsung 840 SSD
  • 500 GB hybrid with 64 MB cache, 8 GB SSD

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

jwb1971's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Posts: 129
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 02:34

Why use spoilers when posting specs?

Lollybomb's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 98
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 03:10

Map: Countryslide
Graphics: High
Resolution: 1280x720
Windowed: Yes (Dual screens don't usually play well with fullscreened games)
FPS: 30? Don't know for sure since I don't have a frame counter installed. It's very much playable at least.

Spoiler:
MB: Asus P8 Z77-V LK
CPU: Intel i5 3570K
RAM: 16GB Ballistix
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850 1GB
System drive: 320GB WD
Data drive (games live here): 2x1TB Seagate software RAID1

I have the solid granite car powerup. Your argument is both invalid, and about to be flattened.

Deamon's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 307
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 08:39

jwb1971 wrote:
Why use spoilers when posting specs?

I don't get that either ...

Gameplay video of the settings I posted earlier:

Carmageddon UNlimited Team For all your wrecking needs!
"All prey keep left. Fellow raptors keep up."
TDR2000 MAX-Pack A community add-on pack.

skyNET's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition Winner
Posts: 478
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:12

jwb1971 wrote:
Why use spoilers when posting specs?

Deamon wrote:
I don't get that either ...

Because with e-peens - just as IRL - you need to prickle the dick to erect it.

Edited by: skyNET on Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:13
dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Posts: 222
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:31

Quote:
jwb1971 wrote:
Why use spoilers when posting specs?

Deamon wrote:
I don't get that either ...

The only logical explanation I could come up with was the save screen real estate and not flood the thread with PC specs... *shrugs*

skyNET's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Competition Winner
Posts: 478
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:42

Physical stroking of the e-peen is logical too, at least for me.

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 682
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:48

jwb1971 wrote:
Why use spoilers when posting specs?

To prevent too much page-stretching, that was the idea behind it anyway. Especially because the specs currently seem unrelated to some of the problems people have (atleast that's what I think).

It's easier to just mention the problems you're having and then "attaching" your specs to the post just in case.

Most people aren't really interested into seeing someone's spec unless they run into similar problems and you won't have to look through giant pages of specs now.

Also, I made a new thread because we had a performance update patch, information in the old topic is now unreliable.

Edited by: Fireman on Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:49
Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Posts: 3042
Submitted: Thu, 08/05/2014 - 10:51

Seems like graphical performance isn't your problem, Fireman, your GPU is plenty strong enough to run it on full at that resolution (probably at 1080p) and you have plenty enough RAM unless you've got some huge memory hog running in the background. You're most likely CPU bound as that i5 doesn't have hyperthreading, its probably AI and Physics are causing your performance issues (which is why turning peds off helps significantly) so no amount of turning down graphical options will help.

Pages