You are here

The Looping camera.

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 682
The Looping camera.
#1 Submitted: Mon, 28/04/2014 - 19:29

Hey all,

I've been playing the Countryslide level a lot, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. When you're near the looping in the level (or battling on it) the camera constantly tilts as if you were going to perform the looping.

Now I didn't like the forced camera tilt in the first place, but especially when battling a car on the ramp to the looping, it gets really frustrating.

Is there any way to lock the camera so it doesn't tilt up? Also what are you opinions on the way the camera shifts during the looping?

DrZed's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Posts: 74
Submitted: Mon, 28/04/2014 - 19:50

Check options. There should be options for reverse camera. It's either standard, or turning or something.

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 682
Submitted: Tue, 29/04/2014 - 00:02

DrZed wrote:
Check options. There should be options for reverse camera. It's either standard, or turning or something.

But you don't go backwards in the looping. so I'm not sure if that'll work.

I think you don't know what I'm talking about, go to Countryslide and then try the looping, you'll see what the camera does.

DrZed's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Posts: 74
Submitted: Tue, 29/04/2014 - 03:02

Fireman wrote:
DrZed wrote:
Check options. There should be options for reverse camera. It's either standard, or turning or something.

But you don't go backwards in the looping. so I'm not sure if that'll work.

I think you don't know what I'm talking about, go to Countryslide and then try the looping, you'll see what the camera does.

Hmmm. Not sure what you're talking about, because i never noticed camera acting weird near loop-the-loop on Dusty trails. I'll check it later.

Dodo Bizar's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 94
Submitted: Tue, 29/04/2014 - 18:52

Well I don't really mind the camera in the loop, though I would like to see in front of me a bit more. Usually I see a good head-on opportunity a bit too late and miss it very often because of this. Is this your problem on the ramp as well? Not being able to see what is coming at you until it is too late?

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Posts: 682
Submitted: Wed, 30/04/2014 - 11:20

Dodo Bizar wrote:
Well I don't really mind the camera in the loop, though I would like to see in front of me a bit more. Usually I see a good head-on opportunity a bit too late and miss it very often because of this. Is this your problem on the ramp as well? Not being able to see what is coming at you until it is too late?

That's a part of it, but the biggest part is when cars are driving on the bottom of the loop and you're going in for a hit and the camera already pulls up, while you never intended to take the looping.

The loop just forces your camera way too soon, if you have an opponent stuck on the ramp and you want to hit him, you have to deal with the camera movement every time.

Edited by: Fireman on Wed, 30/04/2014 - 11:20
dvine's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
PayPal Backer
Posts: 222
Submitted: Wed, 30/04/2014 - 13:23

I suggest you capture and upload your issue video on youtube...

Might help identify a bug or perhaps confirm intention.