You are here

Difficulty Level?

Mintydog's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Difficulty Level?
#1 Submitted: Tue, 26/03/2013 - 21:30

What was your favourite from the Carmageddon games? Mine was "As hard as fisting a Velociraptor"
I'd love to see the difficulty levels named like this again, they were hilarious!

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 26/03/2013 - 22:09

do you remember wondering what the switches on the main menu did too?

dammit TDR, what have you trolled me with?

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100129191715/carmageddon/images/8/89/C3_controls_menu.png

those are the secret easter egg switches that turn all the enemies ultra hard...

in raptor f-22 call of the shadows, but still.

"if he smiles, start running"

"keep asking stupid questions"

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

Espyo's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerModerator
Submitted: Tue, 26/03/2013 - 22:39

A thread for the fans to post their original difficulty titles was made some time ago. It was like a mini-competition! Good times. You can still chime in if you want.
Too-DAMN-Much: I was starting to wonder if you were serious about the difficulty switch, and I just never noticed! I usually bust the opponents wide open regardless of difficulty anyway. And in TDR's case, I'm not really paying that much attention to how durable they are, I just want to waste them quick.

I'm Espyo from the Carmageddon Wiki!
I'm currently working on a Pikmin fan engine.

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/03/2013 - 03:20

ha, i only noticed it by chance, there's switches along the bottom in the raptor bullet hell shooter that make each level have insanely more difficult enemies if you switch them in that game which is why i tried it in TDR. :)

Quote:
Battle Cows, monkeys, etc.
First, darken the button until it is black at the bottom of the Episode Select Sheet. Then turn on all the switches at the bottom of the Episode Select Sheet.

i miss the days of gaming when cheats and easter eggs were still a thing.

trolling is apparently anytime your opinion is different than mine, i'll also accuse you of baiting if you refuse to change your opinion by force.

Mintydog's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/03/2013 - 12:26

Cheers Espyo, sorry I missed that compo, I've been away too long. I never played TDR so I never got to see those switches lol

Breakin'Benny's picture
Piledriver
Submitted: Wed, 27/03/2013 - 12:33

Mintydog wrote:
Cheers Espyo, sorry I missed that compo, I've been away too long. I never played TDR so I never got to see those switches lol

You haven't? Well, that's OK because Torus was forced by SCi to fuck it up. I could share a link to the game plus MAX-Pack (the torrent comes with it)

Mintydog's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/03/2013 - 17:01

It got 50% in PC Zone, that was enough for me. I continued to play Carma 2

Too-DAMN-Much's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Wed, 27/03/2013 - 19:10

i remember noticing you could toggle them on and off when it came out, realizing doing so did so absolutely nothing, why did you do that to me torus?!?

it's like "no, nothing here, but here's a few red herrings so you waste your time looking anyway" :/

randomness