You are here

Omerta; City of Gangsters

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Omerta; City of Gangsters
#1 Submitted: Mon, 28/01/2013 - 19:09

The demo is out and free to download here.

I'm not sure if anyone's been keeping up with this game (I really haven't, seems to have no advertisement team at all) but it's looking VERY interesting to me. An RTS with gangsters that plays like XCom with additional features and RPG elements?

Count me in.

I've played other RTS's with the mafia/gang-theme before (Gangland, Escape from Paradise City, Gangsters, Street Wars). What I missed in these previous games were customisation of your own character, Omerta seems to be filling that gap for me and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm not the biggest fan of turn-based combat but with the cover system and the different abilities each of your characters can have I'm kind of looking forward to the combat:

So what are your thoughts, will you be getting this? Part of it seems to be open-world you can pick your own targets to attack, choose the way you want to perform an attack, build your own empire, apart from that there's also multiplayer co-op in maps such as "bank heist" which look interesting.

I've been playing the demo for two straight days and having a lot of fun with it (mainly with looking at the files, I found out you can use their Tropico .LUA unpacker on this game as well, so I looked in the files for what else I can expect from the full version).

The Garbarian's picture
Norman E. Carnage
Submitted: Sun, 06/04/2014 - 11:09

Looked at it.
Not my type of game. RTS always seem to fall short of what I expect from a game.

Thanks!

Gripping his wheel, his nun-chaku's went white with desire...

Fireman's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 08/04/2014 - 12:47

It's not a RTS, but I get what you mean :P

I played it, finished it, made a mod for it, never touched it again.

Not worth more than $10.

I'm not a fan of most turn-based games but this was enjoyable though. The game itself worked well enough and it was interesting but it was so short (12 hours or so) and it didn't have a skirmish mode, which all strategy games should have.

randomness